Description: Reporting directly to the GM of the IP Cores business unit, this individual will lead the IP Cores R&D organization which includes development of SerDes and Memory PHY IP across multiple foundries. The engineering teams are spread across multiple world-wide locations (US, Canada, India). Key responsibilities include defining a unified and consistent IP development strategy and processes across sites; engineering execution and delivery of the SerDes and Memory IP roadmap and Delivering high quality IP for a delightful customer experience.
Working closely with the engineering team, customers, and sales & marketing team, the VP of IP Engineering will leverage his/her technical, analytical, process and strategic skills towards executing high impact value added opportunities that will drive the next phase of growth for Rambus and IP Cores BU. The role requires an individual with strong leadership who can create and evangelize a high efficiency transformative development vision for Rambus’ IP cores and IP leveraged products; collaborate with and drive a strong team of innovators and engineers to continue Rambus’ tradition of building groundbreaking products; help to develop new ideas based on industry experience.
The role requires an individual with strong technical, analytical, leadership, process and partnering skills. The ideal candidate possesses a unique blend of architecture and technical savvy; a big-picture execution vision; and the drive, influencing skills and ability to collaborate to transform that vision into a reality.
The VP must develop an exemplary engineering and leadership team who can lead the company into its next phase of growth. End goal is on time, on spec, in budget, high quality delivery of IP for a delightful customer experience.
- Develop a best in class engineering execution team on all fronts
- Develop a leadership Architecture team that paves the way for future technologies and products
- Joint with Marketing, Lead the definition of next-generation product and technologies roadmap
- Budget planning and management
- Resource planning and management
- Lead and support pre-sales activities with sizing of schedule and cost
- Review and Signoff engineering statement of work
- Drive consistent development processes and design methodologies across all sites
- Oversee the product development process from inception to product delivery.
- Participate in industry standard bodies as applicable.
- Currently in a senior engineering leadership role managing large teams (>150 people)
- Cross site and Multinational team management experience
- At least 15 years of experience in SerDes IP development/engineering
- At least 5-7 years’ experience managing senior leadership staff