At Rambus, we are turning incredible possibilities into everyday reality by helping to deliver the innovations that greatly impact the world we live in. We create leading-edge semiconductor and IP products, spanning memory and interfaces to security to smart sensors. Our products are integrated into tens of billions of devices and systems around the globe, running critical applications for Big Data, Internet of Things (IoT), mobile, consumer and media platforms.
And our history runs deep – we have been in Silicon Valley for 25+ years and are continually anticipating key technology trends and are developing innovations that drive market changes. From a pure IP provider to becoming a fabless chipmaker, Rambus is evolving to address critical challenges in the semiconductor industry.
Reporting directly to the GM of the IP Cores business unit, this individual will lead the IP Cores R&D organization which includes development of SerDes and Memory PHY IP across multiple foundries. The engineering teams are spread across multiple world-wide locations (US, Canada, India). Key responsibilities include defining a unified and consistent IP development strategy and processes across sites; engineering execution and delivery of the SerDes and Memory IP roadmap and Delivering high quality IP for a delightful customer experience.
Working closely with the engineering team, customers, and sales & marketing team, the VP of IP Engineering will leverage his/her technical, analytical, process and strategic skills towards executing high impact value added opportunities that will drive the next phase of growth for Rambus and IP Cores BU. The role requires an individual with strong leadership who can create and evangelize a high efficiency transformative development vision for Rambus’ IP cores and IP leveraged products; collaborate with and drive a strong team of innovators and engineers to continue Rambus’ tradition of building groundbreaking products; help to develop new ideas based on industry experience.
The role requires an individual with strong technical, analytical, leadership, process and partnering skills. The ideal candidate possesses a unique blend of architecture and technical savvy; a big-picture execution vision; and the drive, influencing skills and ability to collaborate to transform that vision into a reality.
The VP must develop an exemplary engineering and leadership team who can lead the company into its next phase of growth. End goal is on time, on spec, in budget, high quality delivery of IP for a delightful customer experience.
- Develop a best in class engineering execution team on all fronts
- Develop a leadership Architecture team that paves the way for future technologies and products
- Joint with Marketing, Lead the definition of next-generation product and technologies roadmap
- Budget planning and management
- Resource planning and management
- Lead and support pre-sales activities with sizing of schedule and cost
- Review and Signoff engineering statement of work
- Drive consistent development processes and design methodologies across all sites
- Oversee the product development process from inception to product delivery.
- Participate in industry standard bodies as applicable.
- Currently in a senior engineering leadership role managing large teams (>150 people)
- Cross site and Multinational team management experience
- At least 15 years of experience in SerDes IP development/engineering
- At least 5-7 years’ experience managing senior leadership staff
Rambus offers an extremely competitive compensation package, which includes a strong base salary, bonus, equity, matching 401(k), employee stock purchase plan, comprehensive medical and dental benefits, time-off program and gym membership.
Rambus is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Rambus is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may let us know in the application.
To all recruitment agencies: Rambus does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Rambus employees at any location. Rambus is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.