At Rambus, we are turning incredible possibilities into everyday reality by helping to deliver the innovations that greatly impact the world we live in. We create leading-edge semiconductor and IP products, spanning memory and interfaces to security to smart sensors and lighting. Our products are integrated into billions of devices and systems around the globe, running critical applications for Big Data, Internet of Things (IoT), mobile, and consumer platforms.
And our history runs deep – we have been a staple in Silicon Valley since 1990 and are continually anticipating key technology trends to develop innovations that drive market changes. From a pure IP provider to becoming a fabless chipmaker and developer of innovative software solutions, Rambus is evolving to address critical challenges throughout the industry.
As a dynamic organization, we are always seeking to hire exceptional talent to join some of the brightest inventors and engineers in the world to explore their passions to develop products that have real-life impact. As well, Rambus benefits are among the most comprehensive and competitive in the market today.
· Supports the Sales team and the Business Unit in
o Technical pre-sales – System engineering and architecture sale
o New product introduction support (characterization, introduction, testing, etc)
o Post sales technical support (bug triage and tracking, communication, issue resolution)
· Develops strong customer relationships and credibility with engineering and business teams
· Identifies, understands and conveys customer challenges and industry trends to marketing, sales, and engineering in order to develop new products or to enhance existing products
· Works in close collaboration with Sales to
o Grow business through design wins
o Create customer satisfaction through support excellence
o Provide customer, market and competitive intelligence to the management, marketing and engineering teams
· Specific responsibilities include, but not limited to:
o Deliver pre-sales customer technical presentations and product demonstrations.
o Provide front-line technical support for Rambus products, including supporting customer testing and evaluation, product selection, IP design-in and validation, takes the lead to provide answers to all customer technical questions, reviews schematics and layouts, and assists customers during product bring-up and debug activities.
o Reviews customer technical documentation prior to customer delivery
o Communicates regularly with sales and customers during all stages of design.
o Collaborates with Sales, Marketing and development during all stages of product development and assists with customer requirements analysis, customer product evaluation, RFI and RFQ technical information delivery, simulation, validation and qualification testing, benchmark testing and competitive positioning, customer product implementation, and achieving production status.
o Performs analysis of complex IC manufacturer customer requirements providing expertise on topics such as: Performance, Design, Utilization, Optimization, test program development/conversions, silicon and system validation and qualification, and Implementation Strategies.
o Owns all customer technical issues, utilizing all available resources to resolve those issues and achieve customer production and Rambus revenue.
o Represents customer’s technical needs to sales, marketing, and development.
o Helps customers with module level and system-level integration issues, providing local technical and logistical support to insure successful adoption of Rambus solutions by customers
· Combined Large Semiconductor Corporation and Startup Experience is a plus
· 5-10 years successful experience in Field Application Engineering
· DRAM and memory system and/or high-speed system design expertise is required
· Strong knowledge of product engineering methodologies is a must
· Strong knowledge of test methodologies is a must
· Strong troubleshooting and crisis management skills
· Ability to work in a fast paced, project oriented, team environment
· Must have proven experience in successfully dealing with large customers on critical products/ projects
· Must have proven experience in cross-organizational management.
· Must be accepted as a credible peer by the engineering team
· Must be accepted as a credible peer by the sales team
· Must be comfortable in successfully managing crises
· Must have proven experience in negotiations (features, milestones, deliverables, etc)
· Excellent presentation skills
· Excellent communication skills
· Excellent persuasion skills
· Natural leadership style, able to motivate and lead cross functional and cross cultural teams remotely
· Creative thinker, able to articulate “out of the box” concepts and drive them down to business results
· Technically savvy
· Willing and able to travel