As a member of the Rambus’s Supply Chain & Operations team, Senior Support Engineer will provide customer technical support and solution to the Rambus Cryptography Research Division’s (CRD) customer base while serving as an advocate for customer needs. As a Senior Technical Support Engineer, you will be the technical interface between customer and Rambus Development/QA Teams for management and resolution of problems related to Rambus CRD products. You will work closely with Support Management, Field, Engineering, QA, Product Management teams and 3rd party product partners to ensure Rambus is delivering superior technical support for our customers.
Technical problems expected to be primarily complex system/software issues. Role will have strong adjacency and collaboration with QA and Development teams, and an ability to flex in and out of QA role as Customer Technical Service workloads fluctuate.
• Specific responsibilities include, but not limited to:
• Resolve customers’s issues via telephone, email, or WebEx sessions
• Provide onsite support at customer locations if required
• Reproduce customer reported issues for troubleshooting
• Log software defects using a bug tracking system and work closely with software developers to analyze the defects and track them to resolution.
• Regular and timely follow ups with customers with recommendations, workarounds, updates, and action plans
• Document action plan and progress in case documentation
• Escalate issues to management as per internally established processes and guidelines
• Leverage internal technical expertise, including, but not limited to peers, mentors, product documentation, knowledge base, community forums, and other internal tools to provide the most effective solution to customer issues
• Create new internal or external knowledgebase articles/documentation to capture new learning’s for reuse
• Deliver Transfer of Information (TOI’s) Sessions (leveraging larger team if needed) to customers and/or internal team members
• Assist customer outside of normal business hours, if required, including weekends and holidays
• Complete comprehensive site profile documents ensuring the customer’s infrastructure and architecture is documented
• Reduce/deflect Support Request volume through education and proactive engagement with customers
• Develop strong relationship with customer and engineering teams
• Conduct weekly, semimonthly, or monthly meetings with customers for case reviews to identify issue trends and opportunities for corrective actions
• Build and test new and/or returned(RMA) machines by provisioning, installing, configuring software, may require hardware assembly
Candidate must be familiar with standard software development, quality processes, support processes, methodologies, and tools, and must have a track record of very high technical competence that includes strong coding and/or scripting skills and individual technical accomplishments. You should have the passion & ability to learn new things, while never being satisfied with the status quo. Candidate should be able to travel to both remote Rambus as well as customer locations (domestic and international).
Education and Experience: