The MTS will design, develop and deliver Rambus ticketing products and services to meet customer requirements to agreed standard and timescales. Key responsibilities:
· Design and develop Android applications according to corporate software development process
· Design and develop Java enterprise applications according to corporate software development process
· Design and develop database tables to support the Java enterprise applications with help from database designers and other senior staff
· Design and develop web based interfaces using HTML, CSS and Java frameworks
· Work on projects as required to support the delivery of Rambus products and solutions to customers under the guidance of the delivery project manager
· Plan, design and conduct tests of components; correct errors and re-test to achieve an error-free result
· Document all work to required standards using methods and tools, including prototyping tools where appropriate
· Conduct or take part in reviews of supplied specifications, with others as appropriate
· Provide external documentation for products including external interface specifications, operational and user guides
· Produce documentation and provide training to those that may have to execute such demonstrations, e.g. members of sales team
· Adhere to current Quality, Security, House Keeping and Health & Safety Policies
Knowledge & Experience
· Direct experience with significant contributions on at least one development project in a commercial environment.
· A commensurate team player, working well with other functions such as Project Management.
· Experience in customer-facing activities including pre and post sales technical support
· Experience of customer delivery including installation, configuration and customer acceptance.
· Well qualified to graduate level in Computer Science; minimum degree honours 2.1 or higher although this may be lowered depending on experience of candidate
· Experienced in Java development
· Experienced in SQL and relational databases
· Experienced in Android development
· Java enterprise technologies such as Application Server (e.g. JBoss, WildFly, WebLogic, WebSphere)
· EJB 3 and JPA (Hibernate)
· iOS development
· Oracle database development
· Web GUI development (HTML, CSS, JSP, Struts 2)
· Unified process and UML
· Eclipse and/or Android Studio development environment
· Subversion or Git version control system
· Strong analytical and problem solving skills with high attention to detail
· Good team working, works co-operatively with others to achieve a common goal.
· Able to work well on pressure to tight deadlines.
· Good written and verbal communication skills.