As an Analog/Digital Applications Engineer in the Systems Innovation Group, you will be responsible for the assisting customers through successful technical integration of the Rambus physical layer IP into their chip, post silicon bring up and debugs. You will also work closely with R&D teams to collaborate on detailed technical Analog and Digital questions related to integration, verification and implementation of IP. You will analyze and resolve usage/implementation issues and provide timely, accurate technical guidance to customers. You will also be responsible for contributing to associated physical layer IP documentation such as user guides and application notes on specific implementation. You will have regular contact with external customers and internal teams across cross-functional teams. Occasional travel will be required.
- Proactively engaging with customers technically from contract kickoff all the way to customer production
- Analyze and resolve analog/digital issues and provide solutions in a customer friendly manner.
- Work on customer chip bring up to ensure SERDES operates per specification.
- Verilog simulations and verification debug of customer implementations.
- Address static timing analysis questions during customer integration of the IP.
- Assist in configuration of the IP to customize to a customer’s requirement.
- Participate/Conduct customer tutorials and design reviews relating to IP integration.
- Run system level simulations using industry standard simulator to analyze customer’s system level design.
- Manage interaction between the customer and our layout team to address physical integration queries.
- Assist on post silicon debugs and correlation issues between silicon and design. Working with the lab equipment to perform such co-relation and debug will be required.
- Proactively work on documentation in the form of user guide/application notes to address customer integration questions.
- Perform lab demonstrations of the IP to potential customers.