Rambus, a premier chip and silicon IP provider, is seeking to hire an exceptional Sr/Principal Validation Engineer to join our Bufferchip SSE team in San Jose, California. Candidates will be joining some of the brightest inventors and engineers in the world to develop products that make data faster and safer.
As a Sr /Principal Validation Engineer, the candidate will be reporting to the Sr Director of Engineering and is a Full-Time position. The Validation Engineer will join a dynamic and multi-disciplinary team focused on the validation and productization of the Memory Buffer products. The engineer will work in the lab to automate data collection and provide results to ensure robust system performance and specification compliance. The Validation Engineer will gain experience with processor-memory interfaces, including DDR topologies and protocols, as well as high-speed signaling, including signal integrity and power integrity concepts.
• Lab bring-up and validation of high-speed memory buffer semiconductor products.
• Develop test methodologies for validating silicon designs against specifications.
• Develop scripts for automating lab equipment and for analyzing lab data.
• Work with silicon design teams to develop experiments, drive data collection, and present results analysis.
• Provide inputs to FPGA, system, and PCB design requirements.
• Support Applications Team in understanding and resolving customer issues.
• B.S. or M.S. degree in Electrical Engineering.
• Fast learner with interest in hands-on lab work and writing software for lab automation.
• Must be a team player, working well with other lab engineers and circuit/logic/system designers.
• Knowledge processor / memory system architecture.
• Understanding of high speed interface concepts, including signal integrity.
• Working knowledge of test and measurement equipment, troubleshooting and debugging.
• Hands-on hardware experience with x86 computer systems.
With 30 years of innovation and semiconductor expertise, Rambus leads the industry with products and solutions speed performance, expand capacity and improve security for today's most demanding applications. From data center and edge to artificial intelligence and automotive, our interface and security IP, and memory interface chips enable SoC and system designers to deliver their vision of the future.
Rambus offers a competitive compensation package including base salary, bonus, equity, matching 401(k), employee stock purchase plan, comprehensive medical and dental benefits, time-off program and gym membership.
Rambus is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Rambus is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may let us know in the application.
For more information about Rambus, visit rambus.com. For additional information on life at Rambus and our current openings, check out rambus.com/careers/.