Dedicated to making data faster and safer, Rambus creates innovative hardware, software and services that drive technology advancements from the data center to the mobile edge. Our architecture licenses, IP cores, chips, software, and services span memory and interfaces, security and emerging technologies to positively impact the modern world. Our customers are leading chip and system design firms, foundries, and service providers. Our products are integrated into tens of billions of devices and systems. They power and secure diverse applications in a growing number of target segments including data center, networking, AI, automotive and IOT.
Rambus is seeking to hire exceptional talent to join some of the brightest inventors and engineers in the world to develop products that have real life impact. This is a challenging position that is balanced between technology development, project planning, and customer interaction. You will have the opportunity to contribute to the full life cycle of a project: from contract definition to tapeout of customer design. You will work with a small but highly experienced team where your ideas and efforts will make a difference.
As a PMIC circuit designer, you will work on creating the most advanced PMIC technology in the world, take the ownership of defining the circuit micro-architecture, and execute analog circuit design toward production.
PMIC Analog Circuit Design
• Design state-of-the-art multiphase DC-DC converter based PMIC to achieve the industry leading performance and energy efficiency
• Define block-level specifications
• Carry out circuit design and verification
• Work closely with layout team on physical implementation
• Drive and contribute to silicon bench characterization, support production ATE test development
• MS EE and 7+ years or PhD EE and 5+ years’ experience of CMOS analog/mixed-signal circuit design
• Deep knowledge and hands-on experience in developing power management IC and DC/DC converter circuitry, such as circuit architecture choice, transistor-level analog design, verification, bench and production testing, ESD, reliability
• Solid fundamentals in transistor-level analog CMOS design, including operational amplifiers, comparators, references, oscillators, etc.
• Have extensive experience in supervising and guiding layout engineers for critical analog IP
• Industry design experience in highly efficient DC-DC converter
• Strong knowledge and experience in DC-DC converter stability analysis and modeling is highly desired
• Experience in analog circuit IP that require trimming, with experience on DFT, DFM, and BIST is a plus
• Understanding of technologies associated with IC processes, semiconductor device physics, and magnetics
• Familiarity with various lab equipment and measurement practices used in characterization and validation of power converter products
Rambus offers a competitive compensation package including base salary, bonus, equity, matching 401(k), employee stock purchase plan, comprehensive medical and dental benefits, time-off program and gym membership.
Rambus is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Rambus is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may let us know in the application.
For more information about Rambus, visit rambus.com. For additional information on life at Rambus and our current openings, check out rambus.com/careers/.